NEW TO SPOTTED DOG YOGA?
Coming into a yoga studio for the first time can be overwhelming. We are dedicated to creating an experience for new students that is positive and uplifting. No one goes unseen at Spotted Dog Yoga.
HELPFUL TIPS FOR AN AMAZING EXPERIENCE
- PRE-BOOKING IS RECOMMENDED for ALL yoga classes. We have limited spots in each class and if you want to guarantee your ability to practice, we highly encourage that you sign up ahead of time.
- DOORS OPEN 20 minutes before class start and all classes start on time. Please do your best to come AT LEAST 5 minutes before class start for check in.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: Class sizes are limited. If you do not cancel your spot in a class 1 hour (or more) BEFORE your scheduled class AND the class is SOLD OUT, you will forfeit your drop-in or a class off of your pass. Your account will not be credited. If you are on an unlimited pass/membership (such as 30 Day Intro, Annual Unlimited, or Monthly Autopay Unlimited) you will incur a $10 fee per occurrence.
- Check the class schedule and become familiar with the class descriptions.
- Download Spotted Dog Yoga’s mobile app for iTunes or Android. Book your classes ahead with our app and stay accountable to your goals!
- Wear comfortable athletic clothing that you don’t mind sweating in. It is also important to hydrate before, during and after class. Bring a water bottle with you.
- Please utilize the shoe cubbies to the left when you first walk in and help us keep our studio clean.
- We have storage cubbies in both our yoga rooms, lobby, and bathrooms for your other belongings.
- We kindly ask that turn your cell phone to OFF or SILENT before the start of class to avoid disruptions.
- Please avoid wearing strong scents to class. We do encourage you to wear deodorant though! It’s also important to wear clean clothes and bring freshly washed yogi toes. No one wants to be the stinky yogi.
- Most classes at Spotted Dog Yoga are hot and we like it that way! Our Power, Beginners, YOD, and Deep Flow Classes class types are kept between 90-95 degrees. Practicing yoga in a hot room provides added benefits like the removal of toxins from your body and promotion of circulation. Heat also increases blood flow to your muscles and can help with the prevention of injuries as your flexibility grows. In addition to the external heat of the room, be prepared to build an internal fire in these classes as you move and breathe.
- After class, please wipe up any of your excess sweat on the floor around your mat.