New to Spotted Dog Yoga?
Coming into a yoga studio for the first time can be overwhelming. We are dedicated to creating an experience for new students that is positive and uplifting. No one goes unseen at Spotted Dog Yoga.
Helpful Tips for an Amazing Experience
- For your first class, please arrive 10-15 minutes prior to class start time. Want to try a free class? Click here to schedule now as we highly recommend registering online ahead of time! After your first class, please arrive at least 5-10 minutes before the start of class to check in, get changed and get to know your community a little bit better.
- Check the class schedule and become familiar with the class descriptions.
- Download Spotted Dog Yoga’s mobile app for iTunes or Android. Book your classes ahead with our app and stay accountable to your goals!
- Wear comfortable athletic clothing that you don’t mind sweating in. It is also important to hydrate before, during and after class. Bring a water bottle with you.
- For your first class, we will provide you with a mat, mat towel and hand towel at no charge. After this first class, these items are available for rent and for sale.
- When you arrive, please stop by the front desk to sign up or check in even if you have pre-registered online or through our app.
- Leave your shoes and egos at the front door. Please utilize the shoe cubbies to the left when you first walk in. We also have cubbies in both our yoga rooms and bathrooms for your other belongings.
- Please make sure that your cell phones are turned to OFF or SILENT before the start of class.
- Please avoid wearing strong scents to class. We do encourage you to wear deodorant though! It’s also important to wear clean clothes and bring freshly washed yogi toes. No one wants to be the stinky yogi.
- Most classes at Spotted Dog Yoga are hot and we like it that way! Our Power Yoga and Deep Flow Classes are kept between 90-95 degrees. Practicing yoga in a hot room provides added benefits like the removal of toxins from your body and promotion of circulation. Heat also increases blood flow to your muscles and can help with the prevention of injuries as your flexibility grows. In addition to the external heat of the room, be prepared to build an internal fire in these classes as you move and breathe.
- After class, please wipe up any of your excess sweat on the floor around your mat.
- Please always be sure to turn rental mats in to your teacher or the front desk after class and to drop your used rental towels in the large yellow bin by the front door on your way out.