New to Spotted Dog Yoga?
Coming into a yoga studio for the first time can be overwhelming. We are dedicated to creating an experience for new students that is positive and uplifting. No one goes unseen at Spotted Dog Yoga.
Helpful Tips for an Amazing Experience
- PRE-BOOKING IS NOW REQUIRED for ALL yoga classes.
- DOORS OPEN 10 minutes before class start. If you arrive early, please form the line according to designated markings on the ground for 6' distancing. Please come READY for practice. You'll be called in to check in at the front desk one at a time and asked to head straight to your designated mat spot.
- UPDATED CANCELLATION POLICY: In studio class sizes are limited. If you do not cancel your spot for an in studio class 12 hours or more BEFORE your scheduled class, you will forfeit your drop-in or a class off of your pass. Your account will not be credited. As an Annual Unlimited or Monthly Auto-pay Unlimited member, you will incur a $10 fee.
- Check the class schedule and become familiar with the class descriptions.
- Download Spotted Dog Yoga’s mobile app for iTunes or Android. Book your classes ahead with our app and stay accountable to your goals!
- Wear comfortable athletic clothing that you don’t mind sweating in. It is also important to hydrate before, during and after class. Bring a water bottle with you.
- Leave your shoes and egos at the front door. Please utilize the shoe cubbies to the left when you first walk in. We also have cubbies in both our yoga rooms and bathrooms for your other belongings.
- Please make sure that your cell phones are turned to OFF or SILENT before the start of class.
- Please avoid wearing strong scents to class. We do encourage you to wear deodorant though! It’s also important to wear clean clothes and bring freshly washed yogi toes. No one wants to be the stinky yogi.
- Most classes at Spotted Dog Yoga are hot and we like it that way! Our Power Yoga and Deep Flow Classes are kept between 90-95 degrees. Practicing yoga in a hot room provides added benefits like the removal of toxins from your body and promotion of circulation. Heat also increases blood flow to your muscles and can help with the prevention of injuries as your flexibility grows. In addition to the external heat of the room, be prepared to build an internal fire in these classes as you move and breathe.
- After class, please wipe up any of your excess sweat on the floor around your mat.