The SPOTTED DOG BLOG
ZOOM classes now easier then ever!
Starting today, it is easier than ever to participate in ZOOM classes with Spotted Dog Yoga. You can even register for and join these classes straight from Wellness Living up to 5 minutes before class start.
Simply follow these instructions
How to Join a Zoom Class Through Wellness Living Online
Click HERE to sign up for classes through the “Client Web App” & follow instructions below to join the classes
On the top menu, click My Schedule.
In Upcoming Schedule, under Action, click the Blue Join Session Button next to the service you want to attend.
If the service has not yet started, the time at which the online service is expected to begin will be displayed. If the service has started, Zoom will launch, and your online service will begin
How to Join a Zoom Class Through Achieve Mobile App Tap the My Schedule Button
Under Upcoming Services, tap the Blue Join Button next to the service you want to attend.
If the service has not yet started, the time at which the online service is expected to begin will be displayed. If the service has started, Zoom will launch, and your online service will begin.
Studio re-opening, and what you NEED to know
We can’t wait to see you in person! We want you to know that when we are given the green light to open our doors we will be READY.
Your health has SO much to do with how you take care of yourself and we want nothing more than for you to feel safe coming to practice at Spotted Dog Yoga. In order to make our opening a safe and successful one, we have made a few changes to our policies and procedures.
First up, ZOOM VIRTUAL CLASSES
ZOOM Classes are Here to Stay!
In order to follow the guidelines for a safe re-opening, our IN STUDIO class sizes are VERY limited. For this reason, we will be continuing to offer virtual class options for the majority of our schedule for the foreseeable future! Your teacher will be teaching to the students in the studio and the students at home at the same time so those at home can still connect.
IMPORTANT: When booking your classes, be sure that you have selected “IN STUDIO” OR “ZOOM” format on the schedule.
Click HERE to read more about how to join ZOOM classes directly through Wellness Living online or in the mobile app!
New Booking and Cancellation Policies for IN STUDIO Classes
ALL IN STUDIO CLASSES ARE NOW BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
PRE-BOOKING IS REQUIRED for all IN STUDIO classes (including kids classes) through our online schedule or mobile app to ensure a spot. Please carefully read the following updates to our booking procedures:
- You must pre-book (and pay if necessary) for your class online ahead of time. If you would like to sign up for an auto-pay membership or a discounted package (students, teachers, first responders, seniors, military), please call the studio and we will get you set up over the phone.
- You may pre-book classes up to 7 days prior to the class.
- When you pre-book, you will now be able to reserve your mat spot in the room as all mat spots are marked on the floor with the appropriate distancing.
- If you will be coming in for your FIRST visit, you must also pre-book your spot by registering online. We recommend that when selecting your mat spot in the room, you pick a spot in one of the back two rows.
- What should I do if I want to book a class but there are no spots available? Put yourself on the wait list! We could very likely have cancellations. If a spot doesn’t eventually open up, you will not lose a class off of your pass.
- If you are on the wait list for a class, you will be notified via email if a spot opens up and you are placed into the class.
UPDATED CANCELLATION POLICY: If you do not cancel your spot for an IN STUDIO class 12 hours or more BEFORE your scheduled class, you will forfeit your drop-in or a class off of your pass. Your account will not be credited. As an Annual Unlimited or Monthly Auto-pay Unlimited member, you will incur a $10 fee.
And, to keep everyone safe and healthy…
Check In & Screening
- Pre-booking for ALL IN STUDIO classes (adults and kids) is now REQUIRED. No drop ins will be permitted.
- Studio doors will open 10 minutes prior to class start for all classes.
- Upon arrival, we ask that you wait outside on the designated markings (which are 6’ apart) to form the line for entry.
- Our staff will open the front door at the designated time and begin the screening process with one client (or client group if you are with a family member) at a time.
- Once your screening is complete, you will be asked to head directly to your designated mat spot in the room where your class is taking place. If you have your children with you, you must drop them off before class and pick them up after class outside the door of the small studio. Please inform your children that they must remain on their designated mat spot for the ENTIRE class from the time you drop them off until the time you pick them up.
- As a reminder, please come to the studio READY for practice. We ask that you maintain 6’ between yourself and others when moving about the studio space to comply with recommended social distancing protocols.
- All mat spots are now marked on the floor with 6’ or greater spacing in all directions and numbered.
At Spotted Dog Yoga, we have ALWAYS prided ourselves on our cleanliness. Our standards are even higher now and we want to let you know what we will be doing.
- We will continue our already extremely high cleaning standards.
- We will be propping open all doors (until class start) to minimize contact with door handles.
- We will wipe down all counters and high touch surfaces before and after each class.
- We have adjusted some of our class times to ensure that there is AT LEAST 30 minutes between each class scheduled in the same room. This extra time will allow us to implement our cleaning procedures and sufficiently purge the room of air from the prior class.
One of the greatest things about Spotted Dog Yoga is all of our amazing amenities. Unfortunately, in order to comply with the guidelines given to us for safe re-opening, we will not be able to enjoy these things right away.
- For the time being, we will not offer any rentals (this includes mats and towels).
- For the time being, we will not provide mat cleaner or water spray bottles for use.
- Use of our water filling station/drinking fountain will not be permitted at this time. Please be sure to come prepared with a FULL water bottle for yourself (and your children if you are bringing them to kids classes).
- Use of our showers and changing rooms will not be permitted at this time.
- Use of our toilets/urinals will be on an “emergency only” basis. Please ensure that your children have used the bathroom at home before coming to the studio and inform them of our “emergency only” bathroom policy.
We will no longer offer shared props at Spotted Dog Yoga. For this reason, we have cleaned/sanitized our studio props and are selling them in bundles with the option for add-ons to customize (while supplies last). We suggest that you invest in your own so that you can bring them with you to practice.
- “Flow Bundle” $10 – includes one cork block and one strap
- “Restorative Bundle” $20 – includes one cork block, one strap and one blanket
- Bundle “Add-Ons” – blanket $10 or cork block $8
DID YOU KNOW???
Yoga helps lower stress hormones that compromise the immune system, while also conditioning the lungs and respiratory tract, stimulating the lymphatic system to oust toxins from the body, and bringing oxygenated blood to the various organs to ensure their optimal function.
Spotted Dog Yoga’s hot room HVAC system is of the highest quality?
Our energy recovery ventilator provides fresh air to the yoga room while exhausting an equal amount of stale air. Heat energy and moisture are transferred from one air stream to the other; saving energy by utilizing energy of stale air to treat fresh air. Incoming fresh air is filtered before flowing through the heat exchange core. Stale air flows through the cross-flow heat exchanger and transfers heat and moisture to the incoming fresh air. Warm fresh air is then distributed through our unique duct-work system.
You can do everything from our mobile app?
Pre-book & pay for your classes, reserve your FAVORITE mat spot, book special events & workshops and even shop for gear? Don’t have it? Download NOW for iPhone or Android so that you are READY when we re-open.
PLAY HARD. LOVE BIG.
LIVESTREAM Simply Healthy Meals
Night after night, whether you’re in the mood or not, dinner needs to happen. And not just any dinner. If you have kids at home, I’m sure you hear all the time how important it is to provide a healthy, home-cooked meal on the table. I write a food blog and love to cook, but even I get stressed thinking about it some days. Especially when you make dinner only to have the kids complain.
But, the reality is preparing meals at home is best for your wallet and your health. The good news is that eating healthy doesn’t have to be difficult or boring. Let’s not let dinnertime become our least favorite time of the day.
Join me each week as we create simple healthy meals that I know your family will love. Before class you will receive an email with a shopping list so we can cook together via LIVESTREAM. I’ll also include substitutions whenever possible.
Kids are a lot more willing to try new foods when they feel they are helping. Let them wash the veggies, measure ingredients, and help select new dishes to try. Our first LIVESTREAM recipe is ratatouille, a dish my daughter chose years ago. I was more than skeptical, as she is an extremely fussy eater. But she chose it, found a recipe, wrote the shopping list, so we made it.
AND…we all LOVED it. She even had seconds. I have been making it ever since, and cannot wait to share one of our favorite family meals with you!
LIVESTREAM classes with be Thursdays at 6pm. Sessions will be 40-60 minutes long, are FREE to members, and $5 for non-members.
LIGHT UP! Teacher Training
Spotted Dog Yoga’s Teacher Empowerment Program is back with new summer dates beginning June 12th.
Now, more than ever, community and connection are so important. Teacher Training is not just for people who want to teach yoga classes. This program is for anyone that feels stuck, wants to make a greater contribution to their community, or simply wants to live a more vibrant and meaningful life.
SDY’s LIGHT UP! program makes transformation possible, and allows you to fulfill this purpose for others. Join Spotted Dog Yoga co-founders Nick and Katie Clark for this one of a kind program. Together, they have nearly 20 years of combined teaching experience. Nick and Katie have both trained directly with Baron Baptiste, the founder of the style of yoga we teach at Spotted Dog Yoga. They continue to “walk the talk” with their dedication to ongoing continued training and education as students themselves. As a result of their training and experience, Nick & Katie are passionate and steadfast in their belief that this practice WORKS and are committed to making transformation possible for each and every program participant.
This summer’s program will include virtual meetings with in-person instruction when/if possible. Dates are :
Weekend 1: June 12-14
Weekend 2: June 26-28
Weekend 3: July 10-12
Weekend 4: July 24-26
Weekend 5: August 7-9
Weekend 6: August 21-23
Weekend Schedule is:
Friday: 5:45pm – 10pm
Saturday: 7:30am – 6pm
Sunday: 7:00am – 7:00pm
LIGHT UP! Curriculum includes the following –
THE BODY: Alignment, Anatomy
THE PRACTICE: Asana, Modifications, Pranayama, Assisting
THE TEACHING: Excitement, Communication, Coaching
THE YOGA: Philosophy, Ethics, Meditation, Inquiry
THE BUSINESS: Teaching, Networking, Making it Happen
If you are searching for a new purpose or are passionate about sharing you gifts with others, this is the program for you. Still not convinced , check out teacher training recommendations here and here!
**Books are included and will be provided, and 100% commitment is required.
GUEST TEACHER Week is BACK!
May the 4th be with you!
SDY at home is back with another fun-filled week of LIVESTREAM guest teachers.
Join Kara Wheatley for Livestream Yoga today, Monday May 4th, at 4:45PM.
Kara is coming to you from Melbourne, Australia! How cool is that? Kara first began her Yoga Teacher Training in 2012 with Baron Baptiste level one (where she met SDY-Owner Katie Clark). She is passionate about yoga for athletes, and has been teaching one of the leading teams in A-League Soccer for the past 4 seasons. Kara’s classes are strong, educational and FUN.
On Tuesday, join SDY co-founder Katie Clark for LIVESTREAM yoga at 9:30AM.
Katie is a E-RYT 500 Hour registered yoga teacher through Yoga Alliance, a Tier 3 Certified Baptiste Yoga Influencer through the Baptiste Institute, and has completed specialized Prenatal Yoga Training. Katie practiced yoga through both of her pregnancies, and strongly believes it helped her not only in delivery but also in recovery.
On Wednesday May 6th, join Adrienne Smith for SDY at HOME Livestream Yoga at 4:45PM.
Adrienne is the Founder & Owner of Power Of Your Om in Santa Barbara, Ca. Adrienne teaches Baptiste Yoga to continually connect herself to her power, to people, and her life’s purpose. Her classes are known to be intense, and you will leave inspired and encouraged to see where your yoga practice is at work in your daily life.
Thursday May 7th, join Karen Torrone for SDY at HOME Livestream Yoga at 9:30AM.
Karen is the Owner & Director of 5 Boro Power Yoga in Staten Island, NY. Karen has trained over 500 hours with Baron Baptiste as well as many other teachers including Sri Dharma Mittra, Deborah Williamson, Seane Corn and Bryan Kest. She travels around the world leading workshops and retreats, and is a mentor with Africa Yoga Project and co-founder of Guyon Rescue.
On Friday join Janae Holmes for SDY at HOME Livestream at 4:45PM. Janae is the co-founder of Free To Be Power Yoga in New Orleans; laissez les bons temps roule!
Janae has attended Baptiste Yoga Training Levels 1, 2 and 3, FIT To Lead, Art of Assisting and Advanced Art of Assisting, Certified Teachers Summit, Being of Power Yoga Teacher Course, and the Baptiste Kids Certification. She is also the Co-Creator/Facilitator of Free To Be Power Yoga’s 200 Hour Teacher Training.
We’ll end Guest Teacher week on Saturday May 9th with Michael Schweppe! Join Michael for SDY at HOME Livestream Yoga at 9:30 Saturday morning.
Michael teaches Baptiste Yoga at Firefly Yoga in Fishkill, NY. Like SO many others, Michael practiced alone at home for several years because he didn’t consider himself a “yoga person”. He eventually overcame his resistance to attending yoga classes and became a certified vinyasa teacher. Michael is a member of the Assisting Team for the Baptiste Power Vinyasa Yoga Institute, and teaches anatomy courses for yoga students and teachers throughout North America.
FREE Yoga Beginner Series!
May 6-27th, Join SDY co-founder Nick Clark for this FREE four-part livestream series that will break down the elements and intentions of the Baptiste Yoga based practice we teach at Spotted Dog Yoga.
May 15th at 6:30PM, join SDY co-founder Nick Clark for a special livestream Yoga Nidra workshop. Yoga Nidra is the practice and art of Yogic Sleep. This is a guided sleep meditation that promotes conscious relaxation and a release of ongoing stress and anxiety.
Workshop Investment is $20.00
**Auto-pay members will automatically receive a $10 discount at checkout.
Hope to see you LIVESTREAM!